Non-Loadbearing Fire Resistant Compound
20kg bag of Firebreak Compound. A single pack material that, when mixed with water, provides a non loadbearing fire resistant smoke stop seal able to reinstate the fire resistance of separating walls and floors when penetrated by building services. It is tested and certified to meet the exacting requirements of BS 476: Part 20: 1987 and BS EN 1366-3: 2009
· Safe: free of fibres, silica and halogens
· Up to 4 hours’ fire resistance (integrity and insulation). Can be used in wall and floor penetrations
to accommodate a variety of penetrating services
· Easy to use: can be applied by trowel or poured into position
· Does not require specialist equipment. Simple mixing and application tools can be used and cleaned with
· Good surface finish
· Does not shrink on setting and provides a rigid, gas-tight barrier to smoke, combustion gasses and halon
· Quick setting
· Seals are easily drilled, and refilled, for later installation of services
· Long service life: maintenance free once installed correctly
· Flexible seal designs, both with and without permanent shuttering
Firebreak Compound is a mixture of carefully selected inorganic materials and special additives that together provide fire resistance, mechanical strength and versatile workability. It is designed for use where a rigid, gas-tight seal is required around pipes, cables, trunking etc. passing through a fire compartment wall or floor.
CHARACTERISTICS AND FEATURES
Appearance: Off-white powder
Density: Approximately 660 Kg/m3 as untapped, free-flowing powder.
Approximately 860 Kg/m3 one month after application
Expansion: Less than 0.15% on setting
Thermal conductivity: Less than 0.3 W.m-1.K-1
Chloride content: Zero
Compatibility with services: Excellent adhesion to concrete, metals and cables
Storage: Firebreak Compound must be stored in dry conditions clear of the
ground. Shelf life of an unopened bag is six months from date of
Packaging: 20 Kg bags
Health & Safety: See separate Material Safety Data Sheet
Firebreak Compound Data Sheet
Firebreak Compound Safety Data Sheet
£19.80 per 20kg bag inc VAT
Carriage for this product is calculated by weight and is shown in the checkout area.
All orders are usually despatched within 24hrs of receiving cleared payment (Mon - Fri).