3M Epoxy Coating 152LV
3M Scotchkote Epoxy Coating 152LV
Steel Corrosion Protection Coating
3M Scotchkote Epoxy Coating 152LV is a high performance 100% solids coating system developed to give long term corrosion protection with minimal down time and disruption during the application process.
Independently tested to RT98 on a range of steel substrate preparation, such as blasted,gingered, manually prepared and even sound aged coatings, the system offers an anticipated service life of 25 years, which makes it suitable for bridges and steel work in a wide range of operating environments. By using the latest in coating technology, 3M has produced a material that has a proven track record, which can be applied in damp humid conditions, making it the ideal solution for corrosion protection in the climate of the United Kingdom.
Scotchkote epoxy coating 152LV is applied by hot spray or brush or roller and also comes in an airless spray grade. To complete the systems to give a UV and gloss stable, Scotchkote Urethane Coating XF 129 is also available, when an aesthetic standard of finish is required.
- Long Term Corrosion Protection
- Single Coat Application (over appropriate preparation)
- Solvent Free
- Highly Impermeable Surface
- UV Stable (with top coat)
- Independently Tested to RT98
- Good Chemical Resistance
Areas Of Use
- 25 Years Life to First Maintenance
- Minimal Downtime
- Reduced Scaffold Expenditure
- All Year Round Application Window
- No chalking (with top coat)
- No Moisture Penetration
- No Solvent Entrapment
- RT 98 Certification
- Station Roof Steelwork - Minimal downtime gives minimal customer inconvenience.
- Bridges - Life to first maintenance of 25 years reducing maintenance programme requirements
- Gantries - Application to manually prepared surfaces reduces disruption.
- Structural Steelwork - UV resistant top coat gives asthethically pleasing finish for any exposed areas.
- Offshore Steelwork - Long term corrosion protection in the harshest of environments.
- Tank Internals & Externals - Brush grades available for ease of application in constricted areas.
2 sq metres per litre @ 500 microns DFT.
Packaging and Colours
Supplied in 5 litre units (Light grey also available in 20 litres)
Available in light grey or black, other colours available subject to a minimum batch quantity.
A UV and gloss stable, Skotchkote Urethane Coating XF 129 is also available, when an aesthetic standard or finish is required.
Please read the data sheet links below for a complete guide to using this intumescent system.
3M Scotchkote Epoxy Coating 152LV Data Sheet
3M Scotchkote Epoxy Coating 152LV MSDS Part A
3M Scotchkote Epoxy Coating 152LV MSDS Part B