Spray or Brush Applied. Clear Flame Retardant impregnation.
To "Surface Spread of Flame" & "Limited Heat Release" BS476 Class 0 & 1(Euro-class "B-s1-d0" & BS 476 PART 6 & 7 UK Class "O" are recognised as equal performance criteria)
Flametect CWD. Performs by rapidly converting timber & timber based products to carbon when subjected to a flame or a high intensity heat source. CWD is Clear, Colourless Impregnation and will not discolour, wood or other wood type materials.
Test Report Class 1 Test Report Class 0
Euro Class B
Flametect CWD. Contains environmentally friendly components that assists the active flame retardant components to deeply penetrate the wood.
Available in 3 pack sizes 750ml Trigger Spray, 5 & 25 litres.
This Treatment is used on bare or absorbent wood it will penetrate stains and tanalised finishes. Painted or varnished woods are not suitable for this product. This product "is not" suitable for upgrading standard to doors to "fire doors"!
Flametect CWD. "locks in" the flame retardant components using special couplers that protect the flame retardant from harsh environments leaving a weather resistant colourless product once applied & dry.
- Full Certification with every order traceable to A UKAS accredited laboratory
- Manufactured and developed in the UK.
- Produced in an ISO 9001 Quality Assured environment to exacting standards
- Treatment rate 4 sq. metres per litre (1-3 coats).
- Water & weather resistant
- Water based flame retardant. No nasty solvents.
- Non-toxic, non-irritant.
- Excellent performance on dried grasses & palm leaves
- Suitable for spray, roller brush or immersion application.
- Achieves B.S. 476 classes 1 & 0, B.S./EN 13823 Type B & ASTM E-84/UL723/ NFPA255
- Can perform to M.C.A. & I.M.O specifications for charter vessels & passenger ships
Application Instructions ( Wood & Wood Based Products)
- Flametect C-WD. may be applied to wood by spray , brush or roller
- Unlike textiles it is important that the desired volume is applied to the wood
- Please ensure wood is dry before application, where it is possible to measure the moisture content, the moisture content should ideally be 20% or lower
- Where multiple coats are required please allow approximately 1 hour between coats
- When applied externally please either protect from the elements or where possible opt for a dry 24 -48 hour application / drying period
Material Safety Data Sheet
- Sheds & Garages
- Timber Cladding
- Log Cabins
- Saunas & Bathrooms
- Barn Conversions
- Summer Houses
- Dried Palm Leaf Internal & External Features In Bars & Restaurants
- Staircases & Stairwells
- Loft Conversions
- Timber Sculpture & Artwork