FabStop Intumescent Sealant
Acrylic Intumescent Sealant
A single part intumescent white water based acrylic sealant used to reinstate the fire resistance of wall and floor construction where apertures are penetrated by multiple services and linear gap seals where wall and floor construction abut. It provides a barrier to smoke and fire for up to 4 hours. During a fire, the intumescent reacts to develop a char which creates the fire and/or smoke seal. FabStop AM in normal use will maintain the sound reduction index of a structure.
* Fire rated to BSEN1366-4:2006 & BS476 part 20&22:1987
* Fire resistance testing testing to ASTM-E 1966, UL 2079
* Resistance to Fire Classification EN13501-2
* Resistance to Fire Classification EN13501-1
* Acoustic Isolation to EN 10140 to 48db
* Air Permeability testing to EN1026a - 100Pa 0.0/0.0 m³/h/m²
Key Benefits of FabStop AM Sealant
* Sound reduction up to 48dB
* Tested in linear joints up to 50mm wide in flexible walls, rigid wall and floors
* Tested in large service openings up to 490mm x 150mm
* Tested with metallic pipes, cables, cable bunches, cable trays and cable ladders
* Causes no known effects to plastic pipes, plastic cables, sheathing or metallic components
* For use in low movement joints, remains flexible +/- 10%
* Halogen free. Resists fungi and vermin
* Easy to use 310ml cartridges
* Excellent adhesion quality
* Shelf Life 18 months
Areas of usage should typically be sealing of joints, voids and irregular holes in partitions, fire walls, floor and other structure elements.
FabStop AM Data Sheet
Products commonly used with FabStop AM Sealant
The FabStop AM sealant is commonly used in conjunction with the FabStop Fire Batt which has been developed to create a barrier preventing the passage of fire and smoke between fire rated compartments providing up to 4 hours fire rating.Click here for details of FabStop Fire Batts.
This product is delivered with full health and safety information and data sheet. All of our products are fully tested meeting the highest quality standards.
All orders are usually despatched within 24 hours of receiving cleared payment (Mon–Fri).
The above information is based on current test data, health and safety information and application instructions supplied by our suppliers and manufacturers of the products. It is supplied for guidance and to the best of our knowledge is true and accurate. Customers should satisfy themselves to the suitability of the products in its intended use and no guarantee is given or implied as the conditions of actual use are beyond our control. If in doubt the customer should consult the designer of the project or the local building control.
Fire Stopping Shop, disclaim any liability for loss, damage or other expense which may arise from the use of this information, data or products refereed to and reserve the right to amend or change any details without notice. This statement does not affect your statuary rights.