Protecta FR Graphite
Protecta FR Graphite is a water based fire classified sealing compound that contains a high concentration of heat expanding graphite material. This compound may be used in more extreme transits than FR Acrylic, for example cable trays to EI 180 and plastic pipes Ø110mm. Protecta FR Graphite expands when it is subjected to fire and closes openings around penetrations when any combustible or low temperature melting materials have burnt away. Protecta FR Graphite is designed to fire seal difficult services which traditional fire rated mastics do not achieve such as large plastic pipes.
Product Data Sheet
- Classified in most constructions for plastic pipes and cables
- Easy to apply
- Permanently flexible – will accommodate movement up to 12.5%
- No priming necessary for application on to most. materials; however see the installation instructions for further details
- Some metal pipes require corrosion protection on before sealing with joint fillers (sealants), paint, casting in concrete etc. Please obtain guidance from the pipe manufacturer before applying the joint filler
- Suitable for most surfaces, included concrete, bricks, Leca, steel, wood, gypsum, glass, PVC and most non porous surfaces
- Hardens quickly, tack free after 1 hour
- The fire performance specification of the joint filler has been derived when the joint filler has been let to harden for a month
- Halogen free
- Minimum 12 months storage time
FR Graphite Installation Instructions
FR Graphite Safety Data Sheets
FR Graphite Data Sheet
All orders are usually despatched within 24 hours of receiving cleared payment (Mon–Fri).
The above information is based on current test data, health and safety information and application instructions supplied by our suppliers and manufacturers of the products. It is supplied for guidance and to the best of our knowledge is true and accurate. Customers should satisfy themselves to the suitability of the products in its intended use and no guarantee is given or implied as the conditions of actual use are beyond our control. If in doubt the customer should consult the designer of the project or the local building control.
Fire Stopping Shop, disclaim any liability for loss, damage or other expense which may arise from the use of this information, data or products refereed to and reserve the right to amend or change any details without notice. This statement does not affect your statuary rights.