Gater Guard Fancy Dress, Fire Retardant Spray
1ltr spray bottles.
Handy Travel Spray 250 ml bottle
To apply Gater Guard Fancy Dress Fire Retardant to a costume, using a coat hanger simply hang up the garment either outside or over a bath for example. Using the spray bottle trigger, spray approximately 6 - 8 inches away until the garment is completely soaked right through. Allow to dry by natural means such as a clothes line, DO NOT TUMBLE DRY! Remember this is a skin safe product, However we would recommend using gloves & a mask as this will not taste very nice should you get this in your mouth. Once the garment is completely dry you may see some signs of a white residue, this is perfectly normal use a damp cloth to wipe this off. Other visual differences is that the dress / costume may lose a little shine as the fabric retardant itself is not glossy.
Wash the treated garment by way of the manufactures recommendation - please note once the garment is washed it will require treating again with Gater Guard Fire Retardant Spray.
1ltr spray will cover approx: 8 m2 - Depending on custume size 3 - 4 garments.
approx: 2 m2 coverage for the 250 ml travel spray bottle. This means you can use Gater Guard Fancy Dress Fire Retardant Spray again and again.
Gater Guard Fancy Dress Fire Retardant Spray is a skin friendly Flame Retardant for use on
natural & synthetic materials including clothing & seating.
Independently tested independently by the "Institute for Skin and Product Evaluation" for dermal
reaction with a full pass result.
Multi Purpose: use on synthetic or natural materials, preferred for apparel, carpeting and any item
that may have a metallic element or embellishment such as curtains with gold or silver yarns or metal
furniture that could be tarnished by some corrosive flame retardants.
Iron On Fabric Labels to Identify Fabrics as treated. Feature date and year. Ideal for maintenance
and Inspections. High active solids: 30% compared to around 15% of our competitors products.
Quicker drying times. (Ready to use in 3-4 hours). Easy to apply.
Gater Guard Fire Retardant is a water-based fire proofing spray. Halogen & Bromine Free! Non-toxic,
non-hazardous formulation and completely Odourless.
Non Hygroscopic and Non-Corrosive to metals. Unlike our competitors products will not corrode metals.
Treats: Polyester, Cotton, Silk, Linen flax, Wool, Cardboard, untreated wood, polystyrene, lycra,
hessian, foam rubber and most other materials that can absorb.
- Certification with every order traceable to A UKAS accredited laboratory
- Produced in an ISO 9001 Quality Assured environment to exacting standards
- Treats up to 8 sq. metres per litre. Possibly more on light weight materials.
- Water based flame retardant. No nasty solvents.
- Suitable for apparel & bedding
- Non sting formula. safe on skin.
- Excellent performance on artificial flowers
- Suitable for spray, dipping application.
- Can achieve B.S.5867 Pt2 Type B. B.S.5852 0 & 1, Euro Standards EN1101 EN1102
- Effective on natural, natural / synthetic blends & most synthetic textiles.
- Curtains & drapes, including theatre stage & wing curtains (Including Synthetic Materials)
- Stage props, flat sets & scenery
- Chairs settees, stools, fixed upholstery & some bedding. (Will not acheive BS5651 watersoakak test)
- Theatrical costumes & party clothing
- Boat beds, bunks & curtains
- Aircraft seating & carpets
- Artwork & displays
- Papier mache projects & collages
- Lighting special effects for theatre & stores
- Tapestries & wall hangings
- Banners & signs for internal use
- Inglenook beams & internal decorative timber
- Rugs & Carpets (Including Synthetic Carpets)
- Temporary fireproof barriers
- Hay & straw internal scenery for seating
- Foams & Sponges
- Artificial & dried natural flowers & foliage