DMA Cable Coating
DMA Cable Coating
For Electrical Power and Command Cables
Supplied in 5kg drums.
DMA Cable Coating is a fire resistant flexible, water based, ablative coating designed for use in internal and external applications where there is a need to upgrade the fire resistance of electrical power and command cables.
Independently fire tested to the requirements of IEC 60331-11-21 1999 for circuit integrity of electrical cable under fire conditions (>30 minutes circuit integrity achieved). DMA Cable Coating has been successfully fire tested protecting a multi-cable bundle on a ladder to the requirements of IEC 60331-3-22:2000-Category A movement of the services. The System is unaffected by oil, fungus and moisture. The coating contains no halogens or asbestos.
The advantages of the DMA Cable Coating System:
- Protection of long cable runs in industrial buildings.
- Protection of cables subject to risk of accidental ignition (e.g. steel works).
- Upgrade the fire resistance of emergency command cabling.
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use without the additional environmental protection.
- Low dry film thickness required.
- Waterborne for easy application and cleaning of equipment.
- Application by spray or brush.
- Remains flexible once cured.
- Halogen free, Non toxic, mould resistant and does not contain ceramic fibres.
- Good adhesion to cables and associated supports.
- Excellent mechanical strength.
Coating Thickness 1.6mm Nominal DFT - Minimum
Fire Resistance IEC 60331-11-21 1999, IEC 60331-3-22:2000 Category A
Volume Solids 60-62%
Wet Solids 72.5-74.5%
Specific Gravity 1.47-1.49 g/cm³
Voltage Rate 1000 V-rms
Time Up to 47 minutes
INSTALLATION OF DMA CABLE COATING
- Use rubber gloves and eye protection to avoid skin and eye contact. In case of contact with eyes, flush immediately with water and seek medical attention. Keep out of the reach of children. Do not ingest. Product contains a fungicide. For further details please refer to the material safety data sheet.
- Surface should be dry, clean and dust free.
- Mask adjacent areas as required.
- At temperatures between +5ºC and +40ºC, apply the coating either by airless spray or brush to achieve a minimum mean dry film thickness of 1.6mm. Required thickness can be achieved in a single coat.
- Clean application tool using warm water.
- It is the user’s responsibility to determine suitability of use. It is recommended that a sample test be undertaken before use.
This product is delivered with full health and safety information and data sheet. All of our products are fully tested meeting the highest quality standards.