Protecta Ex Mortar 20 litre
Protecta EX Mortar is a dry white powder which consists of inorganic components and perlite. When water is added, a hardened thermal fire sealing compound for sealing through-penetrations that penetrate fire classified walls and floors. The mortar expands approximately 1% during hardening and thus secures that through-penetrations and the walls and floors are sealed. The mortar hardens to a dry compound of approximately 1050 kg/m3 which may be sanded and drilled. This mortar is particularly designed for good adhesion in order that fire sealing may easily be built in walls and under floors. It has also been tested for all types of through-penetrations in all types of constructions and may be combined with Protecta Cable Transit, Collar and Pipe Wrap. It may also be cast in floors with post-tensioned steel in order to construct a load bearing construction (the reinforcement must be rust proofed).
Product Data Sheets:
- Classified in walls and floors of concrete, brick, gypsum etc.
- Suitable for cables, bundled cables, cable racks, cable trays, steel, copper, alupex and plastic pipes and air ventilation ducts.
- Simple to apply leaving a very smooth finish.
- High degree of mechanical resistance; the seal is load bearing without reinforcement.
- No priming necessary prior to application in most building material substrates however metal services in contact with the seal must be corrosion protected.
- Suitable for most surfaces, included concrete, bricks, Leca, steel, plastic etc, but not suitable to fittng of doors or in service openings that involve movement.
- The product is certified for use in gypsum walls but it is recommended to use Protecta FR Boards for these applications.
- Fully set within 1 hour.
- The fire performance specification of the compound has been derived when the seal has been let to cure for 1 month.
- Nearly unlimited storage time.
Ex Mortar Technical Data Sheet
Ex Mortar Installation Instructions
Ex Mortar Safety Data Sheet
All orders are usually despatched within 24 hours of receiving cleared payment (Mon–Fri).
The above information is based on current test data, health and safety information and application instructions supplied by our suppliers and manufacturers of the products. It is supplied for guidance and to the best of our knowledge is true and accurate. Customers should satisfy themselves to the suitability of the products in its intended use and no guarantee is given or implied as the conditions of actual use are beyond our control. If in doubt the customer should consult the designer of the project or the local building control.
Fire Stopping Shop, disclaim any liability for loss, damage or other expense which may arise from the use of this information, data or products refereed to and reserve the right to amend or change any details without notice. This statement does not affect your statuary rights.